Regarding Bears Shot in Rossland

My heart sank when I read the posting, "Bear Sow and Two Cubs Destroyed in Rossland"

2 weeks ago this very same mother sat herself nobly outside of our bedroom window in the early AM.  It was while my infant son was feeding in bed with his mother.  We watched as a family while this sow too provided milk for her cubs, a very special moment for us all.

After a very wet and cool spring, berries have just exploded around the area in the past week.  After a long wait, I am quite confident that this mother would have opted for bounties of fresh berries for her family as opposed to clean vehicles, without any food in them, if only she had she a bit more time.

I wanted to put a face to this incredibly sad and unfortunate scenario.  Not looking to engage in finger pointing or arguing, rather just hoping to inspire some connectivity to the creatures around us.

We are all in this together.  Birds, bees, bears, buddies, bros, babes and babies.

Keep your zone clean.

Photos: 

Very sad. Nothing changes.

Very nice pic, very sad outcome. Getting very discouraged with the City and it's lack of concern. Thx for sharing.