View or search for all towns »

Advice on rodents

It seems that we have a rodent, possibly a squirrel on our furnace ducts. Any advise on how it get rid of it would be appreciated. Or if anyone has a trap of any kind that we could borrow?

Much appreciated!

If it's a pack rat you need poison.  Live trap for a squirrel.  

I have a live trap you can use. Please be careful of poison. Owls and other predator animals end up dying. I've had squirrels in my roof and subsequently had an owl in the tree outside. Its a food chain.

I've had squirrels in my basement and roof.  I found where they were coming in and closed the hole for the basement and reroofed my house (plus got rid of the trees one way or another around my house). The squirrel eventually found an easier location to live. 

Thanks for the info. Dallaslama, I  would love to borrow the live trap. I sent you an email.

If you catch a pack rat in a live trap I'd like to know.  I've never had any luck catching one.  Theyre too smart.  

If you catch a pack rat in a live trap I'd like to know.  I've never had any luck catching one.  Theyre too smart.  

Tim has had luck in his mining cabins over the years using apple in the live trap. Good luck!