Shred Kelly, winter carnival

To the organizers of the Shred Kelly show at the Mner's Hall, WTF. I feel a need to express my displeasure at paying $25 each for 2 tickets to a show which for me lasted 1 hour. There was some miscommunication regarding the start time, 8 is perhaps a bit early, but never the less, to end a show at 10:30 is uncontionable. One does not sell tickets for one show to finish at 10:30 in hopes that the audience will then change venues and go to another show, with another ticket at another venue. If that is indeed the plan the purchasers of said tickets need to be informed that they are purchasing tickets for half a show, in our small town this does not fly. I am deeply disappointed as were many of the attendees of tonight's show. if the plan is to end a show and "clear the room" by 11 this must be advertised in the sale of tickets. In roughly 18 years of attending shows at the miner's hall this is a first for me and a severe disapointment.

I agree! We were all very disappointed. Shame on Blizzard Fest. Shred Kelly was great, the 4 songs we saw. For $25 we all expected (and deserved) a full evening of music. Next time, the tickets should state the start AND end times of the show!

Reminds me of Bowie, Toronto 1987.  

No headline band on ticket, doors at 8pm. Had a few warm up drinks at home and headed to show @10 pm. Caught last encore tune. It was 'Young Americans'. 

Never thought to blame anyone but myself. Learned a lesson. 

I agree that the show ended a little prematurily. We missed the opening band but Shred Kelly didn't start until about 9:20 and were done by 10:30. For $25 I expected a little more, feels like gouging.

Gouging in Rossland??? Thats crazy talk. That'd be like us paying more for gas here than 4 miles away... wait a sec...

We were also very disappointed, for 25 dollars we expected and evening of entertainment not an hour.

On another note: What happened to all the lovely fire pits that provided ambiance and kept us warm during previous years? Not even one at the ice bar? The cup was nice though...

Blizzard Fest organizers forgot to mention that the Miner's Hall event on Friday night was to be over by 10:30pm, super choked!! I only saw 4 or 5 Shred Kelly songs for 25 bucks (including the ONE song encore), some people missed the show all together arriving at 10:30. Never been to an event at the Miner's Hall where the headliner only plays for one hour (maybe) and the whole place is shut down by 10:30pm (did I mention we paid 25 bucks)! We then had no where else to go, cause everything was sold out, Winter Carnival weekend. The Miner's Hall had the makings to be an amazing night. Someone super F'd up!!! There were 180 pissed off people, lucky there was no riots! What can be done about it now? We feel very ripped off! Haven't been this disappointed in a long time frown emoticon Thankfully a friend had his own dance party the next night, and it was FREE and awesome!

We were looking forward to dancing to Shred Kelly for months.  We bought our tickets online which had an extra $5 charge. Was it mentioned on the website when we bought the tickets that it was to end at 11:00?  I went home livid...checked my ticket...it did say it was till 11:00 but then why was last call at 10:00 and not 11:00?...and why did they only play till 10:25?

I don't know who to be pissed off at...Shred Kelly or the organizers?

Unbelievable!

Just wanted to leave a note of thanks to all the individuals that put in countless UNPAID hours to organize the winter carnival this year! Unfortunate that people who can't read their ticket properly want to blame others. 

I don't think that anyone would have expected Shred Kelly to play under an hour since that has never been a case at any of the Miner's Hall shows or Shred Kelly shows I've attended in the past.  I bought a ticket for Shred Kelly assuming that that's where I would be for the night... not standing outside at 10:30 wondering what I was going to do for the rest of the night.

Thank you for your feed back about our Miner's Hall event on Friday, January 29th. Please find below, our public address, hopefully clarifying the event with Shred Kelly. It is also posted on our website at blizzardmusicfest.com as well as on our facebook page.

Blizzard Music Fest Association is a not for profit society, run by volunteers, we have done our best with the guidelines provided to us by the Liquor control board, and the city of Rossland. The mandate of the festival is to provide a weekend of music entertainment at multiple venues, showcasing canadian talent. The event times were staggered, as to allow for people to take in all the scheduled musical events. To have overlapping set times would have infringed upon that mandate.

As a non-profit society, Blizzard Music Festival did its best to provide 3 days of music entertainment to the citizens and visitors of Rossland, at no financial benefit to itself. A detailed schedule of set times was available through www.blizzardmusicfest.com, with a link easily accessible at the top of the page, as well as on the winter carnival website at http://rosslandwintercarnival.com/Events.aspx. Cloroplast signs were stationed around Columbia Ave, Paper copies of both schedules were available around Rossland at the following locations - Out of The Cellar, Rossvegas, Ferraro Foods, The Flying Steamshovel, Tourism Rossland, City Hall, and Rossland Fine Wine & Spirits.

Weekend passes were available for purchase to festival goers in order provide access to all venues. Single event tickets were sold with start times for each act. It was up to the ticket holders to arrive at the venue for listed set times, in order to enjoy the entire performance. Due to time constraints, our liquor license and our volunteer schedule, music took place at The Miner’s Hall from 8pm-1030pm, as per our contracted agreements. There was no way for the non profit association to serve alcohol past 11pm at The Miner’s Hall on Friday, January 29th. It was the organization’s responsibility to make sure the show was completed, the liquor put away, and people were safely on their way by that deadline, or face fines due to being in contravention of our Special Occasion Liquor License.

Apologies to all who feel the event did not meet their expectations. Blizzard Music Fest Association is run by a few volunteers doing their best. In the future, as a volunteer group, the association will be sure to provide end times to all music events, as to not leave any confusion with the purchasers.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help with the Blizzard Music Fest Association in the future, please feel free to contact us, via email, at blizzardmusicfest@gmail.com, or through our website, www.blizzardmusicfest.com.

Thank you!

Thank you!