Speeding cars!

Hey Rosslanders,

I don't want to be that person, but I'm going to be! I'd just like politely ask people to slow down on our streets of Rossland! I live on upper St Paul by the schools and constantly watch people drive this stretch of street at outrageous speeds! I think we as a community need to look out for each other's safety. Maybe we can start by slowing down! 

Thanks!

Don't worry, you're not being that person.

We live on the East end of Thompson, and the speeding is brutal. This has been a constant thing in the 4 years we have lived here - it never stops, ever. My kids are afraid to get in our car because other vehicles drive by so fast.

I have been to the public input period at Council meetings, I have posted on bhubble about this many times. Again, it never stops, and the RCMP have never been here (at this location) to watch for speeding cars - not ever.

The lowering of the speed limit to 30 km/hr has done nothing - and why would it without enforcement?

I'm so with you on your request - I hope at some point people will slow down.

Another perspective....

I was driving with my partner in our big old truck and we were given the 'SLOW DOWN' angry arm wave by what I assumed to be a homeowner on the side of the road. We were travelling well within the speed limits. My loud old engine doesn't equate speeding. Not that people don't speed down Thompson and St.Paul, but not all of us actually are speeding. Sometimes I think it may be hard to tell for someone on the ground unless it is excessive.

Also, 20km/hr in those couple of areas around town? My car refuses to go that slow in any gear but first, and again, it is obnoxiously loud and touchy. 30km/hr, OK, I get it...but 20? Really? it needs to be slower than a school zone? I don't think so.  

Just to add to this discussion... when you are driving through Washington at First st.... there are still stop signs across first! I have dodged a few cars going through this intersection in the last couple of weeks. Just because of the construction doesn't mean the stop signsdon't apply, I have noticed irratic driving habits in this town. We need to be more mindful you are not the only person out there. 

Tennille