Please SLOW DOWN on Plewman and Washington

Yes, Plewman and Washington are open. 

Please slow down.  

FYI

• This road is designed and maintained for local residential traffic, not as a main highway access road. 
  • Its narrown design was to calm traffic for a 30KM speed limit.
  • 11 children and 6 dogs live on Plewman between Washington and McLeod- the residents appreciate that you treat it as if your children lived there too.  

Thanks for reading. 

I would hope your dogs are not out on Plewman way.

Derby,

Of course not. We have a fenced yard and walk them up to the trails by leash. But, as in any home with dogs, they have gotten out the door by accident from time to time. And, I assure you I have a mini heart attack every time it's happened.  That's not to say there aren't loose dogs that pass by from time to time.  We live in Rossland.  :-)

This is not meant to be a negative post, more of a friendly reminder.  The city and road crew did a great job this summer.  And their intention is to slow down traffic.  I have been skeptical, but hope that the plan established and engineering prove my skepticism wrong.  The road looks great, sure is narrow, and sidewalks are being used already.    

Might I suggest a radar speed sign on your lawn, like they use in the school zones. They are always very effective at reminding people to slow down.  They city has one that rotated between Macleod and Spokane all summer.

They should have just put a cul-de-sac at that junction with a drive over for emergency access.

I'm just before the curve on Washington and I'm really worried about winter. The whole point of narrowing the road was to deter traffic but we all know the majority of rosslanders take the road to the ski hill. With plowed snow on the sides, there will barely be room for two vehicles to pass... And if the same people that fishtailed around that corner every powder day last year are going to again, it's going to be ugly.