View or search for all towns »

How to receive packages

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to receive packages when companies will not ship to PO Boxes. Trying to order something from Hudson's Bay and just putting the residential address with the PO Box in the second line doesn't work – it still picks it up as undeliverable.

I have added the "PO" and the number right behind the street address (on the same line as), and it always works that way, and have had many parcels from the Bay delivered since we moved here in June..also, I noticed the Rossland PO has a sign saying their location is an alternative drop off for parcels, but haven't checked into what that exactly means or how to benefit from it...

Thanks L.Reeves, I'll try that. 

I think you are referring to FlexDelivery – I signed up for it and then discovered that it also uses a PO Box number, so that was no help in this situation!

Thnks for the info on FlexDelivery...you would think it would help with "other than" box number delivery, seeing as all of Rossland is box numbers; not seeing the "flex" part there! I've used the technique I mentioned for several things I've ordered online, aside from the Bay, and it's always been fine, unless the street address is too long for the space allowed; also, I should've mentioned to just put "PO"... I have found if I put "PO BOX", it will also kick it back as "not allowed".

My suggestion would be to put your street address, it could be delivered by Purolator or Fed ex, who don't deliver to the post office anyway.  Track it and if its the Canada Post system, call the fabulous people at the post office and give them the heads up, then they can hopefully find it.

You could also try to make it look like an apartment.  Meaning,

Your name

123 rossland lane #2145 (thats your po box number)

If that doesn't work, call the Bay and complain and get it straightened out, talking to real people on the phone sometimes works.  Good luck!

My suggestion would be to put your street address, it could be delivered by Purolator or Fed ex, who don't deliver to the post office anyway.  Track it and if its the Canada Post system, call the fabulous people at the post office and give them the heads up, then they can hopefully find it.

You could also try to make it look like an apartment.  Meaning,

Your name

123 rossland lane #2145 (thats your po box number)

If that doesn't work, call the Bay and complain and get it straightened out, talking to real people on the phone sometimes works.  Good luck!

Thanks all, yes I put the po box on the same line at the street address – it still flags it, but does accept it. Hopefully it will turn up ok!

I too ran into this problem with the Bay. I have discovered that using "Boite" instead of "Box" works. But more recently I just used an octothorpe (pound sign, hashtag) #. My parcels have all arrived without problems.