Break ins and backyard theft

I just went to take my bike out for a spin on my birthday and someone has been messing with my ignition trying to jack it. If my bike had been a dirt bike not a dual sport and I hadn't had the ignition lock in place, it would have been gone!  I'm not 100% sure when this took place...sometime within the past three days...yesterday on the security camera I saw a newish black Dodge Ram slowing down at every house alone my street. New cameras will be going up in our back yard today and my bike will be relocated to a secure location.  

Watch your belongings.  Rossland is not a safe place anymore.

What part of town do you live in?

IMHO Rossland appears deceptively safe. I would recommend taking normal precautions, especially with bikes and other easily movable items. Rossland is known to be a wealthy town and it is only a short drive up the hill. There are (too) many in the Kootenays in need of daily cash. Secure your movables.

PS Report incidents such as these to the police. It is possible they have arrested someone down the block and all related incidents should be put in the file.

This is in the upper Rossland by Nickelplate area. 

4 years ago, I had the ignition punched out on my BMW motorcycle ,at 4:30  the afternoon, on a Thursday on Columbia Ave, in front of the liquor store, by someone trying to steal it. No security cams. I am lucky to have been able to walk home, get my truck and some friends to help me load it up. Was $450 repair and 3 months off the road while waiting for parts. Scumbags are scumbags.