Snowy Hill

I just came up the hill from Trail, and saw three semis stuck on the road before I got home. Look out it's pretty slick out there!

Me too, half hour ago. Brutal slippery slushy hard to steer in. WHY, when the forecast said "lots of snow" does it take so long to clear the roads????? 

I don't mean the roads in Rossland, I mean the highway. :)

Roads on rossland are awful.  Why tho?   Everyone knew this was happening. 

Holy f%#* bitching already! get a life people.. I have an idea. Put the phone down and go enjoy the snow

I love the snow.  Maybe when you're old enough to drive or afford a vehicle you can relate.  

Steve French / Duane Webster, toughen up you massive pussies.

Buy a 4WD vehicle, put good winter tires on it and learn to drive.

You guys are sad. A couple of snow flakes and you're crying about it on Bhubble.

Can't we just close it for while for a little bobsled and ski run?

I love my subaru - all wheel drive & SNOW TIRES, I backed out of my driveway into the snowbank, put it in drive & motored up the hill in front of my house. Be prepared.  :)

the govt hasnt figured out kids going back to school in the times of covid yet and it's been almost a year [sure know how to talk about it and run news stories on it though]. the idea that the snow plowin' fleet wasn't properly ready to mobolize despite all the indicators we have available is likely a justified criticism. just a thought. I agree with the sentiment that you're sharing in regards to being too occupied to realize we're living in paradise but I think that hostility is best saved for another day.

I actually have some decent insight on the phone addiction thing and the main point I'm about to share brings intersting thoughts. I think the reason the internet is so centric to social media (as opposed to the pursuit of knowledge) is, well, much more complicated than I'm about to make it, but I think all humans have deep sub-concious fears in regards to communication; think of all the different twisted situations that our ancestors might have experienced because they couldn't send someone a text! haha like waiting buddy to show up in the bush not knowing he's a mile away laying in a pile of bear saliva and intestines. "just got mauled by a bear, L.O.L.". Lots of other good examples too and I just wanted to share for the thought experiment and to promote understanding; our subconcious drive for wireless communication is probably the main reason why we get addicted to our phones and I wanted to share that because I know some people have very justified anger towards mass-brainwashing and it's counterparts and anger never done did nothing good. Kicks in the teeth for the people that are trying to rip away our human rights one by one using indians and women as the vehicle? Personally, that's the hill I want to die on and I try to scale my anger against that. Best regards :)

BackCountryBobbie, got a Subaru, got new tires, I can drive, been driving in the snow for 50 years. I'm talking about the conditions for the truck drivers. 

40 years I mean. 

If you can't afford AWD/4WD, then studded tires on 2wD work great and are relatively inexpensive.  You just can't drive like a maniac on dry pavement with them. No excuses, people - if you can't handle driving in these early season conditions then you need to upgrade your tires and/or your speed expectations.  Our families on these roads are counting on you to not cause a tragedy.

Yeah, DW  the trucks are a problem.

love your idea sunnydayz. as long as there's no one there, you drive on that sidewalk if that's what makes sense.      there's too many rules; there's like five whole laws that the entire world needs but I'm sure we got a law for every single person on the planet right now. like I remember reading somewhere that if you were to read the tax laws applicable to an individual in america and you read 24 hours a day it would take you over 1000 years. like what the heck man our entire economy and therefore our world operates on a level of idiocy and insanity that is incomprehensible. we sure are lucky we're on the long end of the stick.

I should probably specify that I posted that comment before I saw sunny's other comments and I should also probably clarify that I don't necessarily advise driving on the sidewalk but if you do you should only do it f there's no foreseeable places that someone could jump out and only for a moment and only if it's necessary. It was more of a metaphor. I very much agree with sunny's last comments as well; get off the road if you're not gonna take it seriously, drive like you're trying to keep jello straight and get the right equipment.

I'm also truly sorry that I seem to make everything about the end of the world on here. I can get a little carried away I guess, short replies become walls of text. just one of my faults I guess. I'll kinda try to do better. I hope my walls of text are at least not a negative impact on anyone's existence. Best regards to all.

and I guess there's never a case where it's "necessary" to drive on the sidewalk so ya, I definitely don't advise driving on the sidewalk; metaphor or whatever.