Tech Savvy Internet

Does anyone in Rossland use Tech Savvy internet? Looking for feedback on services/quality. Any other suggestions for internet services out here?

Lightspeed is the cheapest.

Secure By Design is most local - Nelson. I'm not affiliated, just a happy user.

TekSavvy are OK. I used to use them but switched to SBD ^.

All above offer service on Telus or Shaw circuits. Telus is slower than Shaw.

Lightspeed is great..seamless transition from Shaw..and so cheap for exactly the same  interbytz :)

How much a month for lightspeed?

Tek Savvy has great customer service.  

TekSavvy has great customer support.

Been with Teksavy a couple of years now, no problems. Very easy transition from Shaw

Been with Lightspeed cable for over 2 years. Speed/reliability are exactly the same as Shaw cable. $25 for 5/1, $40 for 75/5 both on a 1 year term which is cheaper than Teksavvy ($65 for 65/6). You buy the modem from lightspeed or used from ebay for cheaper or you can rent if they have them in stock. TekSavvy/Lightspeed both offer plans on Telus (DSL) or Shaw Cable (docsis) equipment. Make sure you can get service before you buy any equipment because Telus/Shaw can be a bit sticky connecting you for the competition under some circumstances. The speeds on cable can go much higher than dsl especially in Rossland.

Check on lightspeed.ca or teksavvy.com

Note that pricing on both lightspeed and teksavvy are highly dependent on what the CRTC allows Shaw/Telus to charge them for using their equipment. Right now the CRTC is revisiting this pricing due to lobbying by the big carriers. I doubt the cost on the independents would ever exceed that of the big carriers though.