Bear Smart Rossland

Hello!

I am in contact with the conservation officer service, our local WildSafe BC coordinator and Mayor Moore in order to get Rossland Bear Smart Status. The first step in this process is to have a "Bear Hazard Assessment" which will be conducted by WildSafe. Tonight at 6pm there is a virtual city council meeting, proposal for the assessment is on the agenda. I have started a community group with the purpose to address the risks presented on the assessment, in order for Rossland to get and maintain a "Bear Smart Status". Before the assessment, we will brainstorm other ways we can prevent human-wildlife conflict by doing things within the community to help educate others on coexisting safely with our wonderful wildlife. If you are interested in joining, please email me at indy.daigle@gmail.com, where I can fill you in on additional information. We will have our first meeting some time next week. 

Thank you,

Indy D

Photos: 

Thanks Indea for taking this on, you rock! It's a status our little town can get, together. I emailed you:)