Yet another tunnel party

What will it take for the City to act?

The pictures don't show it, but there is lots of broken glass within the tunnel.

Children, pets, bikes...I may be wrong, but I believe this is City property and, therefore, the City is liable for any accidents that may happen as a consequence of these parties.

Photos: 

This is terrible.  This is a public trail that is very well used. Especially bad this morning with broken glass, cans, litter.  maybe the partiers responsible for the mess should be responsible for the clean up the following morning?  Time to learn to show some respect for your community.  

I was about to post the photos I took this morning. Last time I saw someone from the City clear it up eventually (so at taxpayer expense), but really the partygoers should be made to clear it up, and as the previous poster said, learn to take responsibility and show some respect. Maybe when they go to collect their discarded clothing they could clear up at the same time...

*BREAKING NEWS *
I just drove past the tunnel and can confim there was someone with a rake down there. Can't however confirm the age of the individual with the rake. They looked as those they would not know the words to any Corey Heart songs, which would leave me to believe they are indeed a 'young person'.

faith in humanity restored...? Only time will tell.

Several Rossland teens have had a busy morning cleaning this up.

Don and I came across this early morning, took a video, but I was so mad I was swearing in it, so I am glad you posted these photos. I had a huge chunk a glass wedged into my sneaker well before the tunnel. I am relieved it was not one of my dogs. To be honest, I do not mind people partying at the tunnel, no matter what age. But with any outdoor event, clean up has to be part of the party!! Growing up in a National Park, we had the fear of wardens showing up at our house and slapped with a hearty fine if we did not clean up after we were done; and I am not talking about the next morning!!! We had to be cleared out completely as soon as the party was done.

Is there a better destination for these parties? Where everyone can be safe?

When we road through at 12 a youngster was sweeping up the last of the glass. Thanks to whomever instigated the cleanup. When we road back through it looked good.

Well it is nice to see some possitive reaction from this Bhubble posting. I hope the response is a learning curve that could make the partys and cleanup a win - win for all.

As a regular early morning trail user, I have noticed a positive change over the last two years when it comes to clean ups after these parties. I have often come through early in the morning to see young folks cleaning up and managing any broken glass. Unfortunately, this past weekend seems to have resulted in more broken glass and a much later clean up. 

Sorry to hear that someone got glass in their shoe. I too am glad it was not my dog. 

Let's just hope this was a one off, and that they young people in the community that like to tie one on continue with their effective and timely clean ups.

These teens usually have a few people who plan to go clean up the next day-usually pre planned.  However keeping in mind that the clean up kids have usually been up until the wee hours -at the tunnel-and likley wont clean up before us "early bird get the worm" types. That said it is not an ideal location to gather-too much traffic and presents some obvious dangers.

Feel free to post and remind them (or parents of them if they read) to continue the clean up efforts and try to do it earlier or better yet consider a better location to gather. Many of these great young people (who of course like to party) have a vested stake in keeping our community clean and safe and we can kindly appeal to this.

I am sure most are good kids or young adults. I realize the need for a place to gather and this place is probaly appealing with the overhead cover and sound effects.  I hope things will workout for them to continue with the continued wake up call about clean up forn Bhubble.

I am sure most are good kids or young adults. I realize the need for a place to gather and this place is probaly appealing with the overhead cover and sound effects.  I hope things will workout for them to continue with the continued wake up call about clean up forn Bhubble.