Super Impressed by Council Candidates at Wednesday's Meeting

I think everyone (250 people!) walked out of the Candidates gathering Wednesday evening super impressed with the Council candidates, especially the women! The four women running are energetic, engaged, commited and well spoken with great ideas. I am suddenly excited about our incoming, new municipal government and the future of Rossland. Also, props to the guys; a group of smart, dedicated fellas. Thank you all for stepping up. Let's return the favour and be sure to vote. A bright future for Rossland is in our hands.

This is so exciting to hear! Congrats to everyone for running. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there and all of you should feel proud!

Unfortunately we were away this week and were unable to attend. 

Would anyone be able to tell me if any questions were asked regarding food security, food production and/or agriculture - and if so, what types of responses were heard? Thanks in advance!

(I am assuming Sara Golling was there and will hopefully share some insight as to what was asked and discussed in the Telegraph? Can anyone confirm?)

Those topics weren't covered. The questions, selected from submitted questions, seemed relevant & reasonably broad. There were 10 (1 absent) Councillor candidates and two Mayoral candidates. Therefore it took some time to hear from everyone. The casual one-on-one meet up with candidates the previous week was a good opportunity to speak directly. Perhaps just approach them and ask.

Thank you for the support and the kind words! Was wonderful to see so many Rosslanders engaged in the election process. Let's encourage our neighbours to read-up on the candidates and most importantly get out to vote!

- Lisa Kwiatkowski

Attending the ope forum was evry useful to meet the candidates and to hear what each of them has to offer our communmity.  All candiddates are coming from the right place where they want to serve their community and help it bcause they have a love for the town and the people living here.  Although they all hear, see and feel the needs of the community, I feel that there were two fairly disntict groups of people answering questions.  Those that had a good understadning of thie issues, had done their research and had a plan going forward.  And then  those that had a lot of good intentions about what they wanted to see happen, but not havjng the knowledge or experince to get there.

All the candidates have strengths and weaknesses, and they all have something to offer in service to our town, but I feel that with increasingly complex issues we face around things likle dvelopment, taxes, and budgeting, a lot more in needed than just having good intententions. Some candidates presented ideas around increasing city revenue and funding for projects without increasing taxes by lobying higher forms of grovernment.  Others talked about having worked with city planners, higher levels of government and pursuing education in small level government and city planning. While other's talked about how long they lived in Rossland for as a merit for holding office.  While I do feel that a person should do a certain amount of time in a community before making decisions for it, I hardly feel like the amount of time spent here should be  a value of merit for getting elected.

I feel like it was fairly obvious to see who is prepapred for the job they're applying for, and those that are out of their element and not prepapred.  But we're all entilted to vote as we see fit, and I hope everyone gets out there and does just that.

❤️

You can vote today 8-8 at the Miner's Hall, or Saturday same time same place.

Thanks to all candidates for letting their names stand. We are a lucky community that we have such a wealth of candidates to choose from -- both in number, and skills!