Internet outage? Shaw/lightspeed

Anyone else having Internet issues?

Yes. Mine's been out since about 3:45p.

Same here

Thanks for posting. We're offline too.

Shaw are not reporting any outages in our area:
https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/tkb-p/service-updates...

Service is also out down in Trail 

Also, just as an update, according to the Shaw people, they have no reported outages in our region, and because I'm a Lightspeed customer, I can't report the outage.

Anyone who is on here with a Shaw account, feel free to give them a call or message their chat service...they think all is well in the west koots, apparently...

I'm on Shaw, it's fine, and my firewall reports no outages at any point.

I am in TekSavvy and they show routing issue affecting all of BC.

...and we're back

Another mystery

My router thought it was online the whole time

I've been getting this more regularly

Interesting, perhaps it was a Lightspeed network issue?  They only use the last mile equipment of Shaw's (essentially the cabling) the backend and routing are all their own.

Lightspeed was down but it looks a back end issue as the modem connected but I couldn't connect to a DNS. Cipherkey maybe? You can see reported outages here. Looks like shaw may have had problems in Vancouver and Teksavvy may have had some problems in western Canada at the same time as Lightspeed.

We use Secure by Design out of Nelson (also on the Shaw network I believe) and also had an outage yesterday between 4 and 7:30 or so. Seems to be fine now. 

Mine was out, but came back online right after we unplugged everything for 5 mins and then plugged it all back in.