Purolator problems?

Anyone else have any issues with pkgs not being delivered and then actually returned to sender by Purolator? I have had two packages in the last three weeks that i discovered were returned to Sender only when I was notified that I was getting refunded for my returning it...except I never rec'd it in the first place and neither was there a notice left on the door, and there Is usually someone at home during the day...

I could not reach the Castlegar office as all I got was a constant "call cannot be answered" and then a dial tone....I talked to their head office and filed a complaint; but was curious as to whether this had happened to anyone else around here.

I had a UPS package returned "because they couldn't find the address".  Turns out Google could find it just fine.  I wonder how hard they tried.

So, this could be happening if youre only putting your PO Box address on packages.

I've started putting my name and PO Box in my name field and then the street address in as per normal. This covers me for if something is deliverable by a courier or by canada post. It's the only thing that works for both on every order.

The other thing I do is follow the tracking numbers (I use the Shop app for this) so that I know if they're getting stuck at the Castlegar depot.

There is NO-ONE at the Castlegar depot. It's unmanned - the drivers unpack and sort the larger trailers that arrive themselves. You need to call the national number and talk with customer service that way. They can check why a package is stuck in the depot, and send corrections through so your package can be delivered. It can be frustrating, but once I figured the above out I literally havent had an issue. The drivers were even great when I had A broken leg and needed stuff delivered to the upstairs backdoor.

Anikabee: My address label always has street address first with box number on the second line as sometimes they don't tell you which way they are doing to ship, so that wasn't it; this is the first time this has happened, aside from DHL dropping a pkg off at 7 Summits three years ago has because of the roads, and the people at 7 Summits called to say it was there.

I did call the national number and the chap said there was nothing wrong with the adress, I started by giving him the tracking number,  and when he checked it he read the address back to me to see if that was the address in question so they had the street address correct. The person himself said there should've been a note left on the door both times, as the address they had was correct and he said he would launch a complaint to have it looked into as it shouldn't have happened. 

Mistakes happen: but when the second one didn't show as well and I'm told everything on the parcel address label was correc, and no reason was input for not delivering it(which I was told they are also supposed to note), then I see a problem of some sort that does not originate with me. 

We had the exact same thing hapoen. No note. No call. Just returned to sender. I wonder if they have problems on snow days and don't make it to the house. If they are leaving them at the gas station it would be nice if they called before sending them back. I'm going to ask politely about that today.

2 issues 1 in summer the left message that could not be understood called they could notgeneral company they had no help the courier didn't repeat number we listened to message 15 times could not hear.

in trail over and over we get message they tried when I was in my office each time rather than leave message they leave stickers on the outside security door

others in my office complex have now tokld their suppliers to not us puroletter

apolex is one brutal contractor too they deliver for a

l I think

Purolator has been a gong show since they lost their long time local driver. Lately it seems the drivers doesn't attempt direct delivery that often (even if you have a delivery sticker) and just dumps their load at the gas station. If not picked up from the gas station, it gets returned to sender.

solution: You need to ask the sender to include your email for delivery updates so you know whete it is at. 

Dipper,  while that's always a good idea, it still doesn't provide a total solution as in my case a) there was no reason the parcels couldn't be delivered according to Purolator's head office and they said a notice should have been left; and b) even if they give me updates on where it ends up, in this case back in Castlegar, it doesn't answer the question of why they didn't leave a notice. plus I know from experience with other deliveries  email updates can be delayed getting to you as all that depends on updating done by......the delivery driver. A notice on the door will always beat some other method of notification as it's real time at moment of attempted delivery. It's just another example that customer service has gone the way of the dodo bird...