Status of Parcels Plus in Northport?

Does anyone know what's happening with Parcels Plus in Northport? It seems like that service is no longer operating and Kim has disappeared from Facebook Messenger, all fairly recently and without any notification about what's going on.

unaware of the politics..

but The Murphentile is still taking packages..same deal..same address..410 Columbia Av

Hmm, not completely convinced of that, at least as of this week. Fedex is reporting that business address is closed trying to deliver a parcel Mon Feb 6, Kim's FB account has also been closed down, and the phone number comes up as busy or out of service or something. Not a great sign as these things go.

Gonna keep trying I guess.

Please keep me posted! I have some things that have been delivered there!

Kim's partner has done some shady shit. I do believe Kim will be reopen in a different location... just wait. She's seriously the best. She'll be back again with her incredible service!!

OK, found an archived FB Messenger PM from last year where Kim says the hours are Tues-Fri 10-4, Sat 10-2, so it's possible that Monday delivery didn't happen because of the normal operating hours. Still, no FB and no one is answering the phone.

murphentile is shut on Mondays..so no deliveries..same as Parcel Plus

Maybe just call The Murphentile? 509 6754534..Heidi

https://www.facebook.com/TheMurphentile

Ya, stand by, CJ. I have 5 items out for delivery via Fedex on the truck today, so whether those can be delivered by the end of the day will tell us something about the status of Parcels +. They _should_ be open today if they're operating normally.

I'm not getting a warm & fuzzy feeling about any of this, however.

OK, update @ 13:30, Feb 7: Thanks for the FB link, MJones. I PM'd and got a reply in seconds, awesomely. The very helpful person on the other end of that message (possibly Heidi?) assures me everything about the parcel service is the same. It's just a new FB page, new phone number and it seems like some new personnel.

I'll update this post after I've actually acquired my deliveries about how that went. But it seems like we're back on track.

Kim posted a week or two? ago saying she was opening a new store (in a month or so)? Heidi would still be handing out package that went to the Murphentile. She also suggested getting a P.O. Box in Northport for regular users. That's my memory of her post at least, I may have some of the details wrong sorry!

When returning with items does Canada Customs accept online methods as proof of purchase for tax/duty purposes or do they still only take a printed on paper version? It would be convenient to just show them an email or Paypal invoice on a phone as opposed to having to print for one time use.

Asking for someone whose printer just ran out of ink. :) 

I asked a few months ago..printed only

Library can help you out

Interesting they said printed only.  I've used digital receipts on my phone many times.

OK, update to all this as of Monday Feb 13:

Delivery to The Murphentile went as smoothly as it ever did to Northport Hardware. Heidi was helpful and responsive on FB Messenger. The store is a little hard to find - it's not actually facing Columbia Ave, but rather 4th Street, slightly south of Columbia. I drove right by twice. Still $3 / pkg.

As for customs paperwork, I've only ever used the transaction confirmation on my phone from whatever online outfit, and the border agents seem fine with that. And there's great Telus 5G service right in the border shack now, so no more wandering around on the highway trying to acquire the old 3G service.

End to end, this is a great hack for buying stuff in the US.

+1 for only good experiences with the Murphentile. I've picked up 3 times there, including last week.

I was similarly a little concerned when the FB page switched, but got a super quick reply to a FB message to the new page - The Murphentile | Northport WA (facebook.com)

Kim is legendary. There was a falling out with the store owner where she started this truly execptional service (for the second time) but I understand she will re-open elsewhere. I am inclinded to follow Kim to the ends of the earth for recognizing this need of ours and always going out of her way to ensure we can get our packages. Keep an eye out for details of her new location!

Hello to all that are wondering about parcels.   The Northport Hardware store has been around since 2008.  The store has changed ownership twice since Jan 2021.  The most recent and current ownership is Del's Hardware Store.  Del's Hardware took ownership of the location Oct 2022. The signs outside are still being updated.  Parcels are being accepted at the hardware store to help Canadian customers.   Please feel free to call the same phone number, and utilize same address other than we ask you also include Unit 696 for USPS packages.

Del's Hardware, same location, new ownership, and here to provide service with a smile.

Call for information.  We're here to make life more simple and provide for the wonderful people in the  surrounding the area.  

Thank You

Thanks Del,

Your hardware store charges $6 per parcel. Parcel pick up across the street is $3. Parcel plus down the road is $3.

Kim is up and running; her new business is PARCEL PICKUP.  Facebook link is https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090296149186

I can't seem to add a screenshot, but here is her latest post:-  

"July 4th Holiday
I will be closed Monday the 3rd & Tuesday the 4th.
I have also extended the hours to Monday thru Thursday 11am-3pm Friday 11am- 4pm and Saturday 9am until noon. I will be adding hours as it gets busier until I’m at 9 to 5. It shouldn’t be too long. Thank you again for your support and patience. I appreciate all of you!
Forgot to let you know. We’re set up for debit/credit!"
101 center ave. Box 947, Northport, WA, United States, Washington  1 509-640-1294

This is Kim I am up and running I'm in the old Mustang building. 101 Center Ave. Box 947 N. Fort, WA 99157. Everything is the same as it has been for the last 13 years three dollars per Parcel I don't double charge I don't take possession of packages I will keep them forever if necessary lol . I apologize for all the mystery but I had no choice I had to find a new place and it was purchased so the parcels will be there as long as the service is necessary. Thank you

Good to hear, Kim!

Thank you Kim I am under Parcel Pickup my hours are Monday through Thursday 9 AM to 3 PM Friday 9 AM to 4 PM Saturday 9 AM to 12 noon. And October the hours will be 8 to 5 Monday through Saturday

Hi guys, this is Kim. I got an update the hours are still 9 to 3 Monday through Thursday 9 to 4 on Friday and nine to noon on Saturday. Anybody that's renovated or dealt with contractors can understand it's taking a little longer than we thought but you can always find me on Facebook under Parcel Pickup, thank you 

Looks like great progress on the reno. It will be worth waiting for. Thanks for the update Kim.