Coffee on a Sunday afternoon

Why is it that the only place you can go for coffee on a Sunday afternoon in Rossland is Subway in a town that wants to encourage tourism and discourage franchise businesses?.

Quit ya whining it's off season and covid! Want coffee anytime move to the city. 

Small town with a limited service workforce that is shrinking due to a housing crisis, among other things.

Make your own coffee and keep your priviledged passive aggressive complaints to yourself.

Just stay at home and be sad

Google says Seven Summits is open until 4 on Sundays.

Staffing is also an issue these days.

Jafa, DC & sad panda, what is with the hostility??? Give people the respect and space to say what they think. Perfect example of why many stay silent due to fear of mockery or bullying. Let's make Rossland a community of respect and tolerance. Remember what your mother said, if you don't have anything nice to say ...

Interesting point DJnumbers

However we don't have to look far back on Bhubble to find to you bashing the Mayor ;)

Seems especially hypocrytical given mere months ago - Mayor of southeastern B.C. ski town urges province to restrict interprovincial travel, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rossland-bc-interprovincial-travels-restriction-1.5894654

Looks like Kathy is following 'Ask forgiveness, not permission' strategy.

Samv I think this is a very valid question. I centainly remember drinking coffee on Easter Sunday in the Grind before  Covid. Now that the coffee shops and restaurants can serve to fully vaccinated people we will probably see more coffee shops re-opening. If Seven Summits  is open I would recomend you trying them because they do make very good coffee.

I can't speak for Seven Summits, but I can the Grind. We are currently short staffed, as are pretty much every restaurant in Rossland, Canada, North America, and beyond. We have every intention of being open seven days a week again once the ski season has kicked in. If you know anyone looking for a service industry job, send them our way! We currently have two full-time openings. 

Mountain Nugget sells espresso drinks and they are open on Sunday.