Fake bottle drive guy is actually a thief

There is a fellow driving around town in a new model dodge/chrysler minivan, silver, claiming to be on a bottle drive for the high school basketball team. He is actually a theif and the Trail RCMP need his license plate number and anything else you've noticed.

He is about 5'8"-5'10", medium build with dark hair and a dark beard (the kind that goes around the jaw-line only (no lip involvement). He was wearing dark blue shorts (or maybe black) and a dark hoodie and baseball cap.

He appeared to be casing our neighbourhood and when he left a wallet had fallen out of the van. I've returned the wallet to it's owner who said the same guy had been to his place early and apparently come in to steal the wallet while the resident went in to get bottles and cans for the guy. Money and credit cards were apparently missing.

I've filed a report with the Trail RCMP - who would probably appreciate more information than what I was able to give them. If you've encountered him or know who he is, please call the RCMP. We don't want this in our little town. RCMP 250.364.2566

Approx. how old was he, Dirk?

I'd say 20ish. I'm not good at guessing that, but he did seem too old to be doing a bottle drive for a high school, particularly one that doesn't go to grade 12 (although I'm only presuming that was the school he meant).

I'd say 20ish. I'm not good at guessing that, but he did seem too old to be doing a bottle drive for a high school, particularly one that doesn't go to grade 12 (although I'm only presuming that was the school he meant).

he was at my house too at approx 1:30 in lower rossland.

Yes my husband's wallet was stolen by this guy....we have also contacted the police.  So any little clue will help.  Please call the Trail RCMP if you have any info at all.

Tis the season for low-lifes and scammers. Remember to keep your doors locked when you are not at home. If this fellow is cruising the neighbourhoods and knocking on doors, how many has he entered when no one answers?

He was also in Warfield today...

There was another guy around the same age that was with him when he came to my house yesterday.

There was another guy around the same age that was with him when he came to my house yesterday.