Latest recent feedback on Shaw internet service in Rossland

Considering moving from Telus to Shaw internet.  Anyone with latest feedback on Shaw's 30 mbps service?  Uptime and actual speed?  Anyone noticing wide variations in speed based on time of day for instance?  Any complaints?

Can anyone comment on the fiber optic lines which were installed in town late last year? When will the service be online for business and residential use? What service provider would be using those lines?

I'm not an authority on this subject, but the latest I've heard on broadband is that only the downtown core (basically Columbia Ave.) would be served by the fibre broadband service initially.  The lines were supposed to be finished being installed around now, and then initial service commencing early part of this year.  Uncertain what provider would be using the lines. 

I just moved from telus to Shaw becose I was so frustrated about telus Internet behing unreliable. Shaw is faster , more reliable and cheaper ! I'm

I just moved from telus to Shaw becose I was so frustrated about telus Internet behing unreliable. Shaw is faster , more reliable and cheaper ! I'm

I've just had a miserable experience with Shaw (for Business). I don't think Telus is any better. 

When I contacted the Columbia Broadband people, they said that they're testing broadband now & that it "should" be available (only downtown) in the beginning of March.  When I contacted the City, they said they had no idea. I don't know who the service providers are - but there is plenty of opportunity in the market to provide better service than the current Jerkstores do now.

Wow, I've had above and beyond service from Shaw Business (and residential) - staying way later than their shift to make sure our services were back online before they left.  Internet and TV rarely goes offline.  I haven't been a Telus customer in a long time so I can't comment on them.