Could it have been a coyote??

It's almost 3am and I am totally shaken to the bone! My dog woke me up because she was barking like crazy! I jumped out of bed and saw my cat, and he looked absolutely terrified. Then finally I heard this screaming sound. I opened my window to hear better and it almost sounded like a wounded dog was yelping.. but it changed into a howl every once in a while. There was also a second (what sounded like a coyote) growling, barking, and howling. Could this have been two coyotes? 

I REALLY hate to think it could have been one coyote and one dog. 

I live in lower Rossland. PLEASE get your dogs and cats inside before dusk! It definitely sounded like a coyote trying to bait another dog. I've never heard something so chilling.

Happened outside the Westside of my house on the greenbelt side. I knocked on the window hard and it shut them up straight away. Forgot to look for tracks and such this morning. 2125 leroi. 

I'm down on Spokane and have heard something sililar a few times now! Definitely the coyotes

Wow, that is crazy. Thank you for your quick replies. Very bizarre to hear that in the middle of the night!!

Check out youtube coyotes howling. Eerie stuff.

We heard the same noises last night (26th Feb) in the early hours of the morning. We live in lower Rossland also. Sounded like there was 2 of them and they were right outside our living room window, but within moments they were way down the street

It's coyotes!! Hear them regularly in lower rossland- on kootenay. They're all over rossland. Found a den last fall up behind the museum. 

There have been a couple of very large ones spotted down near the golf course, and at least one wandering near the top of Spokane Street.  They are often in the upper part of the west side (lower) Rossland, and we can hear them clearly in upper Rossland.

the coyotes party up at Centennial trailhead every other night, very close our bedroom window, and sometimes right in our backyard. Yep, they seem to peak around 3am. At least they clean up their beer bottles.

to milty......absolutely busting a gut with that comment....lol, lol...not that I'm being insensitive to the thread here...never, never ( sorry , can't stop laughing)

Fonzie, I'm the original poster of this thread. I can agree with you! I laughed out loud at that comment. So funny!! 

Fonzie, I'm the original poster of this thread. I can agree with you! I laughed out loud at that comment. So funny!!