Not 15 min ago I saw a shirtless guy riding the big rusty horse statue

15 minutes ago, I saw a white male, in his mid to late 20s and shirtless,  riding the rusty horse statue that's located just across the street from the Alpine Grind. he had his phone out and was recording the activity when I confronted him and told him to get off it, and he told me that " I live in this town here too and would never break it" I was insistant that he get off the horse, because he was bucking it so much that the mane made of chain was clanking on the side of the horse, he repeated "I would never break it" a couple of times in my face, then finally got down and left the scene in a hurry with his 2 friends.

I am sorry if I am overreacting, but such lack of respect regarding a public works of art infuriates me. Words can not describe how angry I feel right now. If your friends and family member is intoxicated or under an influence, please talk them out of doing such thing in the future.

Thanks Chad.  We need more people like you in this town.

Thank goodness for you Chad, I'm unsure how we'd keep the artwork of Rossland safe without your anonymous post on the Internet. 

what colour is your cape?

Is it infuriating to you when countless parents take photos of their children climbing the bears statue too? For crying out loud - don't you think that people can be trusted to have some judgement and these ranting type of posts can be done away with? 

I notice that Rusty is perfectly unharmed- guess he didn't mind the ride.

WOW! REALLY PEOPLE??

Chad your parents did a good job raising you with the respect and concideration that befits a caring individual even a gentelman! Your parents should be proud as should you. The comments on here are truly what is wrong with our world. Inconcideration and instant gratification. (I don't care as long as I'm having fun!)

I'm on team Chad here - thanks for saying something. When I see sickening things like a baby shark dying because a group of idiots was taking selfies with it out of the water, I always wonder why nobody there did anything to stop it. Not on the same level, I get it, but it takes courage to confront strangers (especially drunk ones) when they are doing the wrong thing and most people wouldn't have the cajones. So again, cheers Chad, thanks for looking out.

I don't remember the exact wording on the sculpture beside Revolution, but it reads something like "Mountains are for climbing, art is for admiring".  As for the bears, they're a little sturdier and can probably handle the weight of a child having their photo taken more than Rusty can handle the weight of a flailing, intoxicated adult. 

Some sculptures are meant for climbing, others not. If they look inviting to climb, but aren't made sturdy enough to do so, they should really have a sign asking for no climbing.