ROssland city, bylaws and garden/leaves collection

The leaves and garden garbage collection is more than 2 weeks away but my road is already 2 metres narrower because everybody has put their cuttings and branches on the road.Leaves...you could drive on them, but branches and posts!!!

If it was just a neighbour I could deal with that, but as soon as one starts putting their garbage out, everybody does the same and it is impossible to fight it.

I appreciate the service our city provides ( well, not really, that money could be saved, and maybe invested in more efficient snow removal in my opinion).

There should be someone monitoring it, so people don't obstruct roads, driveways and narrowing the road to the point where 2 lanes become one and driveways are inaccessibles because it is impossible to manouvre around the mounts of branches left there for 2,3 weeks and more.

In Trail and Warfield a bylaw officer would pass and make sure this would not happen...why Rossland is always so care-free in terms of creating rules and enforcing them?

First World Problem deluxe, perhaps Warfield would suit you better.

First World Problem deluxe, perhaps Warfield would suit you better.

Collecting yard waste helps in a lot of ways. It keeps people from dumping spring yard waste in the bush. its good for fire prevention by encouraging people to remove dead or overgrown vegetation. It beautifies town in general when people have easy options for removing built up yard waste, lots of people don't have trucks or trailers.

I suspect you don't have much of a yard because it can easily take weeks to clean a yard when you've got kids and a job to manage. I get a bit done each weekend for about 3 weeks.  

You can't deal with driving slightly slower around piles of yard waste?  Id choose that over a full year of looking at un-maintained yards and piles of waste on our forest roads. You might prefer living in an apartment in Vancouver 

I actually very much appreciate the clean up the city does for us and think they do an amazing job.  A couple weeks of slowing down and giving right of way to other drivings and pedestrians is a small price to pay for a tidy yard and clean city.  Thank you city of Rossland!

I agree with the the comments above.  Thanks city of Rossland!

I also agree that its not a big deal to slow down in our neighborhoods, most drive to fast anyway.  

I think somebody should call the waambulance.