Monita one way

Hi all, so thankfully we're getting some sidewalks down Le Roi onto Davis St, but unfortuntely that involves closing the section of road that most of lower Rossland uses to access Columbia ave, this has lead to a big increase in traffic up and down Monita street between Columbia and Le Roi ave, right past my house (green and white place with the white trash yard on the corner).  And yes this is a one way street as the large sign at the bottom indicates, I've always figured the one way was mostly for winter conditions.  I'm not asking people to stop going up the one way beacuase I really don't think anybody would stop anyways (I will however make you back down the hill if I'm driving downhill in the correct direction), but can everybody please slow down?  The neighborhood is full of kids and dogs and nobody wants something awful to happen, not to mention if you're flying up or down the short but narrow one way hill it leaves very little time or space to avoid an accident.  Thanks everyone.

I'm with you!  My first few times down Monita I was almost struck by someone flying up Leroi.  I now creep down and pause/yield at every intersection.  Or, I use Nevada to get to Thompson.  Everyone take care!  There are people and pets on these streets that aren't used to the traffic.

Uncontrolled intersections have no signs or traffic lights. They
are usually found in areas where there isn’t much traffic. But
they can be dangerous places because drivers might not be
expecting cross traffic or pedestrians.
As you approach, slow down and look out for other road users.
Scan the intersection from left to right. If another vehicle has
arrived at the intersection before you, slow down and yield.
If two vehicles arrive at the same time, the vehicle on the left
must yield to the vehicle on the right.

Pretty obvious this is not common knowledge among the motorists driving through lower Rossland. As a Monita Street resident I really don't appreciate the "safety third" approach to driving through the neighbourhood. Not asking much to slow down and observe the rules of the road. Thanks.

Can the city not put up a temp stop sign just until construction is over? All the intersections around Monita have had people flying through them. Really dangerous. 

Im not sure if it's this post or other people bringing it up but the amount and speed of traffic infront of my house on Monita has decreased.  Thank you eveyone for being considerate.